Last Modified: 8/29/2023
This Talker Payment Policy forms part of the User Agreement and is incorporated by reference therein. Capitalized terms not defined herein will have the meanings set forth in the User Agreement and related policies.
1. ConnectWithMe.com’s payment responsibilities for Talker Services you provide are subject to restrictions and limitations. The User who initiates a Transaction with a Talker through the Site is solely responsible for payment of any and all fees for the Transaction. ConnectWithMe.com shall not be obligated to pay any Talker fees for which ConnectWithMe.com has not been fully paid by the User or User’s credit card issuer or bank, as applicable. You hereby authorize ConnectWithMe.com to collect payments from Users on your behalf for any and all Transactions that you conduct. ConnectWithMe.com will credit to your User account the fees collected by ConnectWithMe.com less ConnectWithMe.com’s connection charges and commissions set forth below, any tax withholdings required by law, and any refunds, discounts, chargebacks and chargeback fees payable by ConnectWithMe.com (the “Net Fees”).
1.1. Live Calls/Sales. As a Talker, you can charge Users a price-per-minute fee, a flat rate package amount, or other pricing option available on the site. ConnectWithMe.com may collect a percentage of the total cost of the transaction as a platform fee. ConnectWithMe.com will retain platform fee charges for each call/sale in the amount of ConnectWithMe.com’s current percentage rate scale — which currently starts at 20% (twenty percent) of the total amount of the transaction. ConnectWithMe.com also reserves the right to change a connection fee or a service fee to callers at any time.
1.1.1. Platform Fee Scale. The year is broken into grouping periods, currently done on the last Wednesday of every month, which ends one period and starts the next. At the start of each period the top grossing revenue of the previouse two periods will be used to set the next periods commission percentate for the Talker based on the scale below:
|Greater than $2,000||80%|
|Greater than $1,500||75%|
|Greater than $1,000||70%|
|Greater than $500||65%|
|Less than $500||60%|
1.1.2 Account Cancellation/Fees. If an account falls below $100 in revenue for 3 consecutive periods, then the account may be requested to be closed or pay a $4.99 monthly fee to keep the account active.
2. Talker Fee Remittance.ConnectWithMe.com will distribute Talker fees to you from your User account. ConnectWithMe.com makes payments only in U.S. dollar denominations.
2.1. If you are enrolled in weekly payments by check, ConnectWithMe.com will deduct and retain a fee of Two ($2.00) Dollars for each check issued to you. If fees that are due to you for any week are less than Fifty ($50.00) dollars, ConnectWithMe.com will hold the payment until the amount due to the Talker at the end of any week is at least Fifty ($50.00) dollars. ConnectWithMe.com will send fees by check mailed to the address you specify via the U.S. Postal Service weekly on Wednesday, to arrive to you within 3 to 10 business days. Lost checks that are requested by the Talker to be reprinted and mailed again will incur a $30.00 check cancellation charge to be removed from the Talker payout balance prior to the balance being repaid. Only Talkers located within the United States of America and Canada are eligible for check payouts.
2.1.1. Lost or returned checks may require a $30 reprocessing fee to be resent. Lost or returned checks may require a completed, signed, and notarized form before being returned to your account confirming the loss of the check. If the payroll company requests the notarized form or lost check fee, ConnectWithMe.com cannot proceed with resending your check payout until those conditions are met.
2.2. You may register to receive fees by direct deposit via ACH if you have a registered U.S. bank account that is eligible for ACH transfers and otherwise meet the direct deposit requirements. If you are enrolled in direct deposit and are eligible to receive funds weekly by ACH, ConnectWithMe.com will send fees weekly through ACH to your U.S.-based bank account. ConnectWithMe.com reserves the right to terminate a User account’s ability to receive funds by ACH at any time without reason or notice. If fees that are due to you for any week are less than Thirty-Five ($35.00) dollars, ConnectWithMe.com will hold the payment until the amount due to the Talker at the end of any week is at least Thirty-Five ($35.00) dollars. Talker payout fees that are returned due to invalid account information will be charged a $2.50 penalty removed from the Talker account prior to the funds being repaid to updated bank account information.
2.2.1 If you are located in an EU country, you must select payment via SEPA. SEPA minimum payout is $100 (One-Hundred US Dollars). SEPA payouts will be sent in Euros. Talker payout fees that are returned due to invalid account information will be charged a $5.00 penalty removed from the Talker account prior to the funds being repaid to updated SEPA bank account information.
2.3. You can select to receive your payouts through third party payout vendors, currently, Paxum is available to international Talker outside the US, Canada, and EU. ConnectWithMe.com is not responsible for any fees you may incur while using the third party payout vendors. Paxum minimum payout is $100 (one-hundred US Dollars).
2.4. You are solely responsible for (i) all hardware, software, and other costs incurred in using the Site, and (ii) determining, collecting, reporting, and paying any applicable state and federal sales, income, or other taxes. ConnectWithMe.com may withhold taxes from amounts issued to Talkers as required by law.
2.5. ConnectWithMe.com reserves the right in its sole discretion to institute a chargeback policy as ConnectWithMe.com deems appropriate. ConnectWithMe.com reserves the right to withhold issuing payment for your fees without notice on any transaction which in our sole discretion suggests that the User or User’s bank may not fulfill his or her payment obligation. ConnectWithMe.com reserves the right to hold funds beyond the normal distribution periods for transactions it deems suspicious to ensure integrity of the funds.
2.6. ConnectWithMe.com reserves the right to close a User account at any time without reason, including, but not limited to, a violation of this Payment Policy, upon notice to the Talker and payment to the Talker of any unrestricted funds held in custody.
2.6.a. ConnectWithMe.com reserves the right to not pay any closed account funds that have been received to a Talkers account that total less than $20. $20 is the absolute minimum that will be paid out on any account via any payout method.
2.7. ConnectWithMe.com reserves the right to withhold payments from any Talker account that does not provide accurate Payee Name and matching Social Security Number or Tax ID information within the My Account page. Payee Name and Social Security or Tax ID number are compared to the IRS Name Database to verify valid information has been provided.
2.8. ConnectWithMe.com reserves the right to restrict payments from a User account for any of the following reasons. If your User account is identified for review, you will be notified by email and requested to provide information relevant to your User account. ConnectWithMe.com will use reasonable efforts to promptly investigate the matter and/or reach a final decision on the restriction. If the investigation result is in your favor, ConnectWithMe.com will unrestrict your User account. If the investigation result is not in your favor, ConnectWithMe.com may return funds to the User and unrestrict the remainder of your User account, will continue the restriction for up to 60 days as to funds necessary to protect ConnectWithMe.com against the risk of chargebacks, or may close your User account by giving you notice and mailing a check for any funds in your User account that are not in dispute to the address that you have provided. If you are later determined to be entitled to any disputed funds, ConnectWithMe.com will make an additional payment of those funds to you. Reasons may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- reports of unauthorized or unusual credit card use associated with the User account including, but not limited to, notice by the card issuing bank;
- reports of unauthorized or unusual bank account use associated with the User account;
- receipt of potentially fraudulent funds;
- excessive disputes or chargebacks;
- refusal to cooperate in an investigation or provide confirmation of identity when requested;
- opening multiple User accounts under different names to facilitate fraudulent activity;
- Suspected violations of the User Agreement;
- name on the bank account associated with the User account does not match the name on the User account;
- return of an incoming Electronic Funds Transfer for insufficient funds in the bank account, incorrect bank routing number or incorrect bank account number;
- use of an anonymizing proxy; and
- any other circumstances which cause ConnectWithMe.com to believe that a User account may be being used for fraudulent purposes.